
Long time no posts, my course has been keeping me very busy...I have hardly had anytime for mouses :'(
Anyway heres some very rough designs i have done over time for various DC mice...
This mouse I plan to build some day! - i have all the motors, Ball race bearings, axels, wheels gears etc - its just a case of finding some time to build!
Heres an early desing of the motor/gear layout. It has 6:1 reduction, and I plan to used Mouse encoders on the Motor Side of the gear train.
I'm hoping the Sensors as shown below, (well the side refelctive looking ones) will be digitally filtered. I want 6 of these sensors, and i have got to do some tests to see if a dsPIC has enough oomph to run 6 FIR filters at a respectable rate. If not i will do some simpler approximations by removing ambient level digitally, and linearisng. Just a nice thought to remove ambient via a digital low pass filter.
Done some rough maths, i maybe able to get the encoder resolution upto 840 PPR at the wheel, so more than enough accuracy. My stepper mouse is my main efforsts at the moment though but i thought i would share my exploration into the world of DC mice.


No comments:
Post a Comment